- 15 min
- 60 min
- 500 mL (2 cups) of ground hazelnuts
- 250 mL (1 cup) of all-purpose flour
- 60 mL (¼ cup) of sugar
- 2 mL (½ tsp) of ground nutmeg
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) of sea salt
- 90 mL (6 tbsp) of unsalted butter, melted
- 375 g (1 container) of Saputo Ricotta di Campagna with Natural Vanilla Flavour
- 125 mL (½ cup) of sugar
- 3 eggs
- Finely grated zest and juice of two oranges, preferably Blood or Cara Cara varieties
- 250 mL (1 cup) of 35% whipping cream
- 60 mL (¼ cup) of powdered sugar
- Chopped hazelnuts
- Finely grated orange zest, or caramelized orange slices (optional, see note)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine the hazelnuts, flour, sugar, nutmeg, salt and butter. Using a 30 cm removable bottom tart pan, press the mixture onto the bottom and sides. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the crust is lightly golden. Remove from the oven and reserve.
- In a food processor, combine the Ricotta cheese, sugar, eggs and orange zest until they are thoroughly incorporated. Pour into the crust. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the filling is set. Let the tart cool completely and refrigerate for up to 4 hours before serving.
- To serve, whip the cream with the powdered sugar. Spread the whipped cream on the tart and sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts and caramelized oranges, if desired.
Note: To make caramelized orange slices, thoroughly wash a whole orange, and slice it very thinly. In a large skillet, melt 125 mL (½ cup) of sugar into 30 mL (2 tbsp) of water over medium heat. When the sugar mixture is bubbling, add the orange slices, making sure they don’t overlap. Lower heat to minimum, and cook the orange slices for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until they’re soft and caramelized. Transfer the orange slices on a sheet of parchment paper to cool completely. Reserve the cooking syrup in a small bowl. Garnish the tart with orange slices and syrup just before serving.