- 10 min
- 35 min
- 14-16 large muffins
For the Ricotta filling:
- 125 mL (½ cup) of Saputo Ricotta di Campagna cheese
- 50 g (¼ cup) of granulated sugar
For the streusel:
- 60 mL (¼ cup) of pistachios, chopped
- 60 mL (¼ cup) of rolled oats
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) of brown sugar
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) of cinnamon
- 60 g (½ cup) of all-purpose flour
- 65 mL (¼ cup) of unsalted butter, cold and cubed
For the muffins:
- 177 mL (3/4 cup) of unsalted butter, melted
- 360 g (3 cups) of all-purpose flour
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) of baking powder
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) of baking soda
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) of salt
- 250 g (1 ¼ cup) of granulated sugar
- 240 mL (1 cup) of Saputo Ricotta di Campagna cheese
- 125 mL (½ cup) of milk
- 125 mL (½ cup) of lemon juice
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 pears, diced into ½ inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a muffin pan and set aside.
- Whisk together the Saputo Ricotta di Campagna cheese and sugar. Set aside.
- Whisk together pistachios, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and flour in a bowl. Add the cold, cubed butter. Using a fork, cut into the butter into the dry mixture, creating pea-sized clusters.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the Saputo Ricotta di Campagna cheese, milk, lemon juice, eggs and lemon zest. The lemon juice might cause the milk to curdle a little – this is natural, do not be alarmed.
- Add the liquid ingredients and the melted butter to the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined (do not over-mix). Gently fold in the diced pears.
- Using a spoon, fill cupcake pans halfway with cupcake batter. Place roughly a heaping teaspoon of ricotta filling in the middle of the batter and top each cupcake with more batter, filling tin ¾ full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 24 – 26 minutes or until wooden skewer comes out clean.
A recipe created by our foodie influencer @constellationinspiration