- 15 min
- 15 min
- 4 soft corn tortillas 20 cm (8 in)
- 8 slices Saputo Havarti cheese
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced thinly
- 100 g (1/2 cup) corn kernels
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) fresh oregano, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Sour cream, to taste
- Mild salsa and/or tomatillo sauce, to taste
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Place 4 tortillas on a large work surface. Place 2 slices of Havarti cheese on each tortilla and top with the avocado, red pepper and corn, dividing the ingredients equally among the tortillas.
- Sprinkle tortillas with oregano, salt and pepper. Cover with remaining tortillas and press down gently.
- Heat a lightly oiled cast iron pan on medium heat. Place one quesadilla in the pan and cook on both sides until tortillas are dark golden in patches and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining quesadillas, taking care not to burn them.
- Cut each quesadilla in four and serve immediately with condiments.
Tip: Kids love quesadillas, no matter what’s in them. We recommend slipping in some red or black beans with the vegetables. The soft melted cheese and the crispy tortillas will make a fan out of everyone in your family.