Skip to Content
- 25 min
- 45 min
- 8 slices of Saputo Provolone cheese
- 4 x 100-150 g slices of veal, sliced thin
- 500 mL (2 cups) tomato sauce
- 4 slices of crusty bread
- 500 mL (2 cups) breadcrumbs
- 250 mL (1 cup) flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Fresh oregano for garnish
- Oil for frying
- ½ garlic clove
- Put the eggs, flour and breadcrumbs each in a separate shallow bowl.
- Season the veal slices with salt and pepper then dredge them in the flour, then dip in the egg and lastly in the breadcrumbs, reserve on a baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Fill a 10-inch frying pan with ½ inch oil and heat to 170ºC/330ºF.
- Working two pieces of veal at a time, fry for 2-3 minutes each side and transfer to a baking sheet lined with paper towel.
- Heat the tomato sauce in a saucepan.
- Brush the bread with olive oil, toast under the broiler and once toasted rub each slice with the garlic clove.
- Lay the slices of bread on a baking sheet, top each with 60 mL (¼ cup) sauce, a slice of breaded veal, another 60 mL (¼ cup) sauce and 2 slices of Provolone cheese.
- Broil until the cheese starts to brown slightly and then serve garnished with a few leaves of fresh oregano.