Skip to Content
- 15 min
- 5H 45M
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 455 g (1 lb) lean ground beef
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- Two 540-mL (19-fl. oz.) cans black beans
- Two 398-mL (14-fl. oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 250 mL frozen corn
- 15 mL (2 tbsp) chili seasoning
- 2.5 mL (1/2 tbsp) ground cinnamon
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) sweet paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and sauté the onion, garlic and ground beef.
- Transfer to the slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients. Mix thoroughly, cover and set to high heat for 5 hours and 30 minutes.
- Serve individually in bowls and top with Cheddar cheese, a small dollop of sour cream and a few coriander leaves.
- Enjoy warm with tortilla chips.