- 20 min
- 2 pizzas (4 servings)
For the pizza dough (see note)
- 180 mL (¾ cup) warm water
- 10 mL (2 tsp) sugar
- 7 mL (1½ tsp) active dry yeast
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 5 mL (1 tsp) sea salt
- 430 mL (1¾ cups) all-purpose flour
For the toppings
For the pizza dough
Combine warm water and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle the yeast onto the surface of the water and let sit for 5 minutes without mixing. Add olive oil and sea salt. Mix together with a fork. Add 250 mL (1 cup) flour and mix together with the fork until the flour is combined and the mixture becomes sticky. Add 125 mL (½ cup) flour and knead into dough. Transfer the dough onto a work surface covered with the final 60 mL (1/4 cup) flour. Knead for 5-7 minutes until the flour is fully incorporated and the dough becomes smooth and supple. Transfer the dough into a large greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit 90 minutes in a warm place.
To prepare the pizzas
- Place a pizza stone on the bottom rack of the oven. Preheat the oven to 260 °C (500 °F) for at least one hour to heat the stone.
- Divide the pizza dough into two equal parts. Using your hands, shape each one into a circle around 25 cm (10 inches) in diameter. Place each circle onto a square of parchment paper. Top with hollandaise sauce, Mozzafina di Latte cheese, prosciutto, asparagus and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Slide one of the pizzas (with the parchment paper) onto the hot pizza stone. Bake for 5 minutes, then break an egg on top of the pizza. Bake for 2-3 additional minutes, or until the egg white is cooked and the crust is golden. Remove from oven and repeat for the second pizza.
- Sprinkle the pizzas with chives and black pepper. Serve immediately.
For a quick and easy alternative, use store-bought pizza dough.