- 30 min
- 40 min
- Take garlic head and wrap in tin foil. Place in 400°F oven and roast until the garlic cloves are a softened and can be squeezed out.
- In a small pot or pan over low heat, melt the butter with thyme, and lemon juice.
- Add in roasted garlic and incorporate in pot with whisk until garlic is completely melted in.
- In small mixing bowl, grate the Friulano cheese with the large-holed side of a box grater. Mix together Saputo Very Fine Shredded Parmesan, Saputo Friulano, and chopped parsley.
- Take ciabatta slices and brush with the roasted garlic butter.
- Toast in oven at 350°F until you reach a golden brown colour. Remove from oven and top with the grated Saputo cheese mixture.
- Switch oven to broiler at the lowest setting.
- Place garlic bread back in oven until cheese is golden brown.
A recipe developed by our chef collaborator @rob_gentile
get to know our chef collaborator
Rob Gentile @rob_gentile
Over the years, Chef Rob Gentile has made his mark on the Canadian culinary scene by developing a refined and professional approach to Italian-inspired cuisine. As the Chef of the critically acclaimed Buca restaurants, he has created a welcoming and creative culinary program with strong appreciation for seasonal ingredients and classic technique. His restaurants have garnered a notable following and earned critical acclaim as some of the best in the country.
With new restaurants on the horizon, including the highly anticipated second location of Bar Buca, Torontonians can hardly wait to see what Chef has to offer next.