- 15 min
- 25 min
- 4 eggs
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) extra-virgin olive oil
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) diced dry chorizo sausage (see note)
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 avocado
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 8 small corn or wheat tortillas
- Sour cream
- Saputo Taco Nacho shredded cheese
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs together and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet set over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the chorizo and sauté about 2 minutes, until golden and crisp. Add the cherry tomatoes, green onions, and garlic, and cook for 2 minutes. Lower the heat to medium-low and add the eggs. Cook, stirring from time to time. Keep warm.
- Peel and pit the avocado. Dice and drizzle with lime juice. Warm the tortillas. Spread each tortilla with a spoonful of sour cream, then top with some of the egg and chorizo mixture. Garnish with Saputo Taco Nacho shredded cheese and avocado. Serve immediately.
Note: You can replace the dry chorizo with two links of fresh Italian sausage, casings removed. Instead of adding chorizo, add the sausage links and sauté, breaking them up with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Continue with the recipe as indicated.