- 16 min
- 30 min
3 bell peppers (red, yellow and orange), seeded and halved
175 g (6 oz) Saputo Fetos cheese, cut into small cubes 1 cm (½ in.) thick
16 black olives, pitted and finely chopped
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
125 mL (½ cup) chopped parsley
125 mL (½ cup) raisins
125 mL (½ cup) pine nuts, roasted
Juice extracted from 1 lemon
45 mL (3 tbsp) lemon zest (about 3 lemons)
Olive oil, to taste
Salt and pepper, to taste
Fresh oregano, chopped (for garnish)
250 mL (1 cup) medium couscous
250 mL (1 cup) vegetable broth
15 mL (1 tbsp) Saputo butter
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, bring vegetable broth to a boil. Remove from heat. Add butter, salt and pepper. Stir in couscous, cover and let stand for 5 to 7 minutes or until broth is absorbed.
- Cut peppers in half, removing all seeds.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Drizzle inside of pepper halves with olive oil. Cook (cut side up) for 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine couscous, chickpeas, raisins, roasted pine nuts, parsley, black olives, Fetos cheese, lemon juice and zest. Add olive oil to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill each pepper half with the couscous mixture.
- Sprinkle with oregano and lemon zest just before serving.
Tip: Be careful not to overcook the peppers; they should be firm enough so they are easy to stuff.