- 16 min
- 30 min
- 3 bell peppers (red, yellow and orange), seeded and halved
- 175 g (6 oz) Saputo Feta cheese, cut into small cubes 1 cm (½ in.) thick
- 16 black olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 125 mL (½ cup) chopped parsley
- 125 mL (½ cup) raisins
- 125 mL (½ cup) pine nuts, roasted
- Juice extracted from 1 lemon
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) lemon zest (about 3 lemons)
- Olive oil, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh oregano, chopped (for garnish)
- 250 mL (1 cup) medium couscous
- 250 mL (1 cup) vegetable broth
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, bring vegetable broth to a boil. Remove from heat. Add butter, salt and pepper. Stir in couscous, cover and let stand for 5 to 7 minutes or until broth is absorbed.
- Cut peppers in half, removing all seeds.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Drizzle inside of pepper halves with olive oil. Cook (cut side up) for 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine couscous, chickpeas, raisins, roasted pine nuts, parsley, black olives, Fetos cheese, lemon juice and zest. Add olive oil to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill each pepper half with the couscous mixture.
- Sprinkle with oregano and lemon zest just before serving.
Tip: Be careful not to overcook the peppers; they should be firm enough so they are easy to stuff.