- 4 min
- 30 min
12 lamb chops
120 g (1/4 lb) Saputo Friulano cheese, cut into 12 pieces
60 ml (1/4 cup) pitted Niçoise olives
5 ml (1 tsp) fresh oregano
1 garlic clove, minced
15 ml (1 tbsp) water
- Place a lamb chop on a clean cutting board. Holding it down firmly with your palm, use a sharp knife to cut a slit into the meat to create a pocket. Stuff the chop with a piece of Friulano cheese and repeat with the remaining chops and cheese.
- In a blender, combine the olives, oregano, olive oil, and garlic. Add just enough water to make a paste.
- Set aside a little olive paste for serving time, and spread the rest over the lamb chops. Marinate for 20 minutes on the counter, or cover and refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
- Preheat the barbecue.
- Grill the chops on medium heat for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the chops and how well done you like your lamb.
- Remove from the grill, top each piece with some extra olive paste and serve.