- 10 min
- 35 min
- 30 cookies
For the cookies
- 125 mL (½ cup) of butter, room temperature
- 375 mL (1 ½ cups) of sugar
- 1 egg
- 375 mL (1 ½ cups) of Saputo Ricotta di Campagna cheese with Natural Vanilla Flavour
- Zest and juice from two clementines
- 625 mL (2 ½ cups) of all-purpose flour
- 5 mL (1 tsp) of baking soda
- 5 mL (1 tsp) of sea salt
For the glaze
- 250 mL (1 cup) of powdered sugar
- Juice from one clementine, strained to remove the pulp
- Red and green edible sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place a rack in both the upper and lower position of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter, sugar, and egg together until the mixture is pale and fluffy. Mix in the ricotta cheese as well as the clementine zest and juice.
- In a second bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a spatula, incorporate the dry ingredients to the ricotta mixture (do not overmix).
- Using an ice cream scoop, portion out the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing the cookies 5 cm apart.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through baking, until the cookies are a pale golden colour. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, sift the powdered sugar. Using a fork, add the clementine juice and combine. Dip each cookie into the glaze, and rest them back to the rack to let the excess glaze drip off. Decorate with edible sprinkles, if desired.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 2 days.