- 15 min
- 30 min
300 g (10 oz) pumpkin
1 onion, finely chopped
Olive oil, to taste
100 g (3 oz) pancetta cut in cubes
400 g (14 oz) rice for risotto
125 mL (1 /2 glass) white wine
1 L (4 cups) beef broth, very hot
15 g (1/2 oz) butter
100 g (3 oz) Saputo Parmesan cheese, grated
170 g (5-6 oz) Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese, in small cubes
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Clean the pumpkin: take out the seeds, cut in slices, take off the skin and cut in small cubes.
- In a large sauce pan sweat the onions with olive oil.
- Once the onion is lightly coloured, add the pumpkin and the pancetta and simmer for 15 minutes until the pumpkin has softened.
- Add the rice and mix well to avoid the rice sticking. Cook for 10 minutes until it becomes translucent.
- Add the wine and mix. Gradually add a ladle of broth at a time, mix until the liquid is absorbed by the rice, and continue the process until the rice is cooked, for about 20 minutes.
- Two minutes before the end of the cooking, add the butter, Parmesan and Mozzarellissima cheeses. Mix well and let rest for 2 minutes before serving. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Tip: Using rice that is rich in starch will make the risotto rich and creamy.
You can also use beef broth instead of vegetable broth.
To check when the rice is ready, taste it, the center shouldn’t be hard but ‘‘al dente’’.