- 15 min
- 20 min
30 cherry tomatoes, halved
3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
3 garlic cloves, minced
5 ml (1 tsp) sugar
125 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
1 lemon, zest only
To taste freshly ground salt and pepper
450 g (1 package) short pasta (penne)
12 sundried tomatoes in oil, finely chopped
400 g (1 2/3 cups) Saputo Ricotta di Campagna cheese
30 ml (2 tbsp) Saputo Bella Lodi cheese, grated
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, thyme, garlic, sugar, half the olive oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, heat the remaining oil. Add the cherry tomato mixture and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes. Remove the tomato confit from heat and set aside at room temperature.
- In a large quantity of boiling salted water, cook the penne al dente according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl combine the sundried tomatoes, Ricotta and Bella Lodi cheeses, salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta without rinsing and transfer to a serving platter. Add the tomato confit and the cheese mixture and toss.