Skip to Content
- 20 min
- 60 min
- 1.3 kg (3 lb) parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 625 ml (2 1/2 cups) milk
- To taste salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 leek, washed and sliced thinly
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) caraway seed
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) whole-grain mustard
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) 15% cream
- 150 g (5 oz) Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese, shredded
- 15 g (1 oz) Saputo grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, cook the parsnips in the milk with a little salt and pepper until they are just tender and the milk is almost completely gone. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In a skillet, sweat the leek in the butter without browning and add to the bowl with the parsnips. Add the caraway seed and mustard, toss gently and transfer the mixture to a gratin dish.
- Pour the cream over the vegetables, then sprinkle with the Mozzarellissima and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.