Skip to Content
- 5 min
- 15 min
- 12 thick slices of bacon
- 225 g (1/2 lb) Saputo Ricotta Fiorella cheese
- 120 g (1/2 cup) Saputo Parmesan cheese, grated
- 450 g (1 lb) short pasta (e.g., orecchiette)
- 1 head of broccoli, cut in florets
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cut the bacon into 1/2 cm (1/4 in) pieces.
- In a skillet, cook the bacon until the fat is rendered and the meat is lightly browned. Drain on paper towels and reserve 45 ml (3 tbsp) of the fat.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, bacon bits, bacon fat and 3/4 of the Parmesan.
- In a large pot, cook the pasta al dente, following package directions. Four minutes before the pasta is done, add the broccoli.
- Drain and transfer to the bowl with the cheese mixture. Season to taste and toss to combine.
- Add the remaining parmesan and serve immediately.