- 45 min
- 60 min
Dough (see note)
- 360 mL (1½ cups) warm water
- 20 mL (4 tsp) sugar
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) active dry yeast
- 60 mL (4 tbsp) olive oil
- 10 mL (2 tsp) sea salt
- 875 mL (3½ cups) all-purpose flour
- 250 mL (1 cup) Saputo Ricotta di campagna cheese
- 500 g (1/2 lb) smoked meat
- 6 strips smoked bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 large dill pickle, sliced widthwise
- 250 mL (1 cup) Saputo Mozzarellissima shredded cheese
For the dough
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the water and sugar. Sprinkle yeast on the surface of the water and let rest for 5 minutes without stirring. Add olive oil and sea salt and stir with a fork. Add 500 mL (2 cups) of flour and stir with a fork until the flour is fully incorporated and the mixture becomes sticky. Add an additional 250 mL (1 cup) of flour and knead to incorporate. Transfer the dough to a work surface floured with the remaining 120 mL (1/2 cup) of flour. Knead for 5-7 minutes, or until the flour is incorporated and the dough is smooth and supple. Transfer the dough to a large oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rest for 90 minutes at room temperature. Divide the dough into 4 balls.
For the pizza
- Preheat oven to 230 °C (450 °F) with the rack in the top position.
- Roll out a ball of dough into a 40-cm circle. Spread with Saputo Ricotta cheese, top with smoked meat and pickle slices, and sprinkle with shredded Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese.
- Bake for around 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.
For a quick and easy way to prepare this recipe, use store-bought pizza dough