Skip to Content
- 15 min
- 45 min
- 4 eggs
- 180 mL (3/4 cup) 35% cream
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) salt
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) cayenne pepper
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) grated nutmeg
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) dried basil
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) dried oregano
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) Saputo Cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 small zucchini, sliced (1 yellow, 1 green)
- 250 mL (1 cup) spinach, cooked, dried and chopped
- 1 x 23 cm (9 in) pre-baked pie shell
- 3 Saputo Bocconcini cheese balls, sliced
- 3 Italian plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 4 fresh basil leaves, snipped
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place eggs, cream, salt, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, dried basil, oregano and Cheddar cheese in a bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan. Sauté the onions, garlic, zucchini and spinach.
- Arrange Bocconcini cheese slices, tomato slices and sautéed vegetables in the bottom of the pie shell.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven. Garnish with snipped basil leaves and toasted pine nuts.
- Serve hot with a green salad.