- 4 min
- 10 min
8 slices of Italian bread
300 g (10 oz) Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese, sliced
120 g (4 oz) mushrooms, thinly sliced
3 green onions, thinly sliced
60 mL (4 tbsp) olive oil
4 mini skewers of olives and condiments
Ground cayenne, to taste
- Place 4 slices of bread on a work surface. Cover evenly with cheese slices and arrange the mushrooms and green onions over the cheese. Season to taste with cayenne.
- Cover with remaining bread slices to make sandwiches.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add half the oil.
- Place the sandwiches in the skillet, then cover them with aluminum foil, place a weight on top of the foil, and continue cooking until the first side is golden and crisp. Turn the sandwiches, add the remaining oil and repeat the process.
- To serve, cut each sandwich into four triangles and garnish with a skewer of condiments.