- 8 min
- 20 min
125 ml (1/2 cup) Saputo Ricotta Fiorella cheese
1 small banana, peeled and chopped
125 ml (1/2 cup) bittersweet chocolate chips
8 pieces fresh pasta squares, 11 cm (4 1/2 in)
1 egg, beaten
500 ml (2 cups) canola oil
30 ml (2 tbsp) cocoa powder
Fresh mint leaves, to taste
- In a bowl, combine the Ricotta cheese, banana and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Place the pasta squares on a work surface.
- Place a generous spoonful of filling in the centre of each square.
- Using your finger or a pastry brush, paint two adjoining edges of each square with egg. Fold each square over to make a triangle enclosing the filling. Press the edges well to seal.
- In a deep skillet, heat the oil to 180˚C / 350˚F. Gently slide a few of the ravioli into the oil and fry, turning often, for 2 minutes, or until they are nicely browned.
- Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent paper.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving, dusted with cocoa powder. Garnish with a sprig of mint.