Skip to Content
- 10 min
- 40 min
- 4 to 6
Crispy Macaroni and Cheese
- 450 g macaroni
- 2 x 65 mL (¼ cup) butter
- 80 g (1/3 cup) flour
- 1 small onion, grated
- 10 g (2 tsp) paprika
- 250 mL (1 cup) milk
- 250 mL (1 cup) 35% cooking cream
- 250 mL (1 cup) chicken or vegetable stock
- 750 g (3 cups) Saputo Triple Cheddar shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 250 mL (1 cup) breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Cook the pasta per the manufacturer’s instructions and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt 65 mL (¼ cup) butter, add the flour, the onion and the paprika. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Gradually incorporate the milk, the cream and the stock while whisking continually. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in ¾ of the SaputoTriple Cheddar shredded cheese. Once the cheese is melted, stir in the pasta and add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining ¼ cup of melted butter with the breadcrumbs.
- Pour the macaroni and cheese mixture into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle evenly over the top the remaining SaputoTriple Cheddar shredded cheese and breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.