- 3 min
- 20 min
- 2 dozen pieces
- 6 fresh figs, quartered
- 60 g (2 oz) Saputo Friulano cheese, cut into 24 pieces
- 6 leaves of fresh sage, quartered
- 70 g (12 slices) spicy pancetta, halved
- Preheat the broiler.
- Press together one piece of fig, one piece of cheese and one piece of sage leaf.
- Roll tightly in a piece of pancetta and hold together with a toothpick.
- Place in a large baking dish and repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Broil about 90 seconds on each side and remove from oven.
- Reduce heat to 140°C / 275°F, transfer the cheese bites to a baking sheet and warm in the oven for 10 minutes.
Tip: These delicious appetizers can be made with dates when they are fresh and in season. Instead of broiling, you can cook them in a heated non-stick pan to which you have added a drizzle of olive oil. Sear for about 90 seconds on each side.