Skip to Content
- 15 min
- 25 min
Beef and Asiago Cheese Burger
- 600 g lean ground beef
- 8 Saputo Asiago cheese slices
- 4 hamburger buns
- 250 mL (1 cup) breadcrumbs
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) orange zest
- 10 mL (2 tsp.) salt
- 1 egg
- 2 roasted peppers, cut in strips
- 250 mL (1 cup) baby arugula
- 125 mL (½ cup) mayonnaise
- In a large bowl mix together the ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, orange zest and salt. Form into 4 patties and press a dimple into the top of each one.
- Heat a cast iron frying pan over medium high heat and toast the buns.
- Lower the heat of the frying pan to medium and oil lightly. Cook the burgers 5 minutes each side for a well-done burger or 3 minutes per side for a medium-rare burger.
- While the burgers are cooking, spread each bun with mayonnaise on top and bottom and garnish each with a few strips of red peppers and some arugula.
- Place a patty on each bun and top with 2 cheese slices and the top half of the bun.